“There doesn’t seem to be any complaints about my brief proposal, so I’ve taken Pidge’s list and tweaked it, then added some possible rewards. Currently, each section has 25 Challenges and 1000 possible total points. What does everyone think?
-  Trainer - create your stats
-  PC Required - own 7 Pokemon
-  Elemental - own a Grass, Fire, and Water Pokemon (dual types count only as 1)
-  Sandstormin’ - own a Rock, Ground, and Steel Pokemon (dual types count only as 1)
-  Collector - own a Pokemon from each generation
-  The Better Collector - own 20 different Pokemon (not Pokedex)
-  Barter - trade a Pokemon and don’t trade it back
-  So Realistic - trade and trade back a Pokemon to evolve it
-  We Don’t Need No Approval - evolve a Pokemon that evolves by trade with a Cable Link
-  Going Postal - buy Mail
-  Arsenal - own 6 battle items
-  N.U.K.E.M. Ready - have 10 taught moves on a single Pokemon
-  N.U.K.E.M. Certified - have a Pokemon listed in Project N.U.K.E.M. (doesn’t have to last)
-  Pet - own the most basic form of a Pokemon that evolves, but don’t evolve it for 6 months, [INSERT POKEMON NAME HERE]
-  Big Money - spend 50,000 at the Pokemart in one post
-  The Jack-o’-lantern Achievement - use a Ghost or Dark Pokemon in a battle, in a contest, or in the National Park during the week of Halloween
-  The New Beginnings Achievement - use a baby Pokemon in a battle, in a contest, or in the National Park during the week of New Year
-  Keep Dreamin’ - Activate a Pokemon’s Dream World Ability
-  HM Enslaver - Own all the HMs
-  The Gift that Keeps Giving - Gift a Pokemon in a Gift Station Event that has 5 or more taught moves that are not HMs
-  Introductions - Post in the URPG General Chat thread
-  Digger - Use the Underground
-  Earthbender - Find a Fossil, Heart Scale, or Battle Item in the Underground
-  Auctioneer - Win a Pokemon from the Auction House
-  Alternate Reality - Unlock five Dream World Abilities
Battles [IMPORTANT: all battle challenges can only be acquired in 3 VS. 3 or higher battles, unless otherwise noted by an asterisk (*)]
-  Battler - participate in a battle *
-  Scrimmage - participate in a 3 VS. 3 battle
-  ‘Real’ Battle - participate in a 6 VS. 6 battle
-  Pro Attack - win a battle with your final move being Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, or Blast Burn
-  Weak Sauce - win a battle with your final move being Tackle, Scratch, or Pound
-  Counter Counter Team - send your Pokemon first in a DPP or RSE battle and win
-  Streak - win 3 battles in a row
-  But how much do you squat? - win a gym badge *
-  To Be a Master - win all gym badges in one region (excluding Orange Islands)
-  Fruity Side Quest - complete the Orange Island League
-  Mythic - become Legend Defender
-  Champion - become URPG Champion
-  The RBY Hit List - KO the following Pokemon: [ ] Alakazam, [ ] Gengar, [ ] Jolteon, [ ] Starmie, [ ] Dragonite
-  The GSC Hit List - KO the following Pokemon: [ ] Crobat, [ ] Scizor, [ ] Tyranitar
-  The RSE Hit List - KO the following Pokemon: [ ] Swampert, [ ] Salamence, [ ] Metagross
-  The DPP Hit List - KO the following Pokemon: [ ] Infernape, [ ] Togekiss, [ ] Gliscor, [ ] Garchomp
-  The BW Hit List - KO the following Pokemon: [ ] Whimsicott, [ ] Scrafty, [ ] Chandelure, [ ] Volcarona
-  Nightmare on Elm Street - KO the following Pokemon while they are using their Dream World Ability: [ ] Dragonite, [ ] Espeon, [ ] Blaziken, [ ] Gliscor [ ] Chandelure
-  Hidden Master - KO a Pokemon using a move taught by a HM
-  Technical Master - KO a Pokemon using a move taught by a TM
-  Daycare Master - KO a Pokemon using a move learned in the Daycare
-  What Happened to My Rock? - KO a Pokemon using a Gem where the move would not have KOed without the Gem
-  Warrior of Choice - KO two Pokemon in a row without switching while your Pokemon is holding a Choice item
-  Joke Gift - Throw a Toxic Orb or a Burn Orb at your opponent
-  Seat of Power - Become a URPG Referee
Free For All
-  This Seems Fun - participate in an FFA
-  FFAnatic - participate in 10 FFAs
-  All Skill - win an FFA
-  But how many people did you team with? - win 5 FFAs
-  Did you even attack anyone? - win 10 FFAs
-  The Diplomat - win 2 FFAs in a row
-  Underdog - win an FFA with a not fully evolved Pokemon
-  OMG YOU PILED ME - KO a Pokemon in an FFA
-  Spiral-er - KO 3 Pokemon in a single FFA
-  Grim Reaper - KO 5 Pokemon in a single FFA
-  Conformist - use Substitute on the first turn of an FFA
-  Nonconformist - don’t use Substitute on the first turn of an FFA
-  This is why we can’t have things! - use Haze in an FFA and clear 6 Pokemon’s stat boosts
-  But It’s Broken - use Imprison in an FFA with 10 other Pokemon active
-  Agilitrolled - use Trick Room in an FFA when 6 Pokemon are faster than your Pokemon, and 1 Pokemon uses a speed boosting move in the same turn
- use Trick Room in an FFA when 6 Pokemon are slower than your Pokemon, and your Pokemon is the fastest Pokemon
-  Always Use - Protect/Detect successfully against 2 attacks in one turn of an FFA
-  How About This? - Win an FFA with a Pokemon using its Dream World Ability
-  Breaking the Bachelor Pad - Play in an FFA with at least six other Pokemon
-  Ruining the Recreation Hall - Play in an FFA with at least nine other Pokemon
-  Smashing Up the Stadium - Play in an FFA with at least thirteen other Pokemon
-  You’re Ruining it for the Rest of Us - Use Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Sandstorm, or Hail in an FFA
-  They Wouldn’t Dare Strike Me - Use the same move three times in a row in an FFA
-  Pacifist - In an FFA, don’t use an attacking move for the first ten turns
-  Champion Free-For-Aller - Win three FFAs with the same Pokemon
-  Writer - capture a Pokemon through a story
-  A caveman could do it. - capture an Easiest Pokémon in a story
-  Derp - capture a Simple Pokémon in a story
-  in res - capture a Medium Pokémon in a story
-  Mohs Scale - capture a Hard Pokémon in a story
-  √(-x) - capture a Complex Pokémon in a story
-  Supply And - capture a Demanding Pokémon in a story
-  Uncle! - capture a Merciless Pokémon in a story
-  Completely Numb - capture a Stupefying Pokémon in a story
-  Five Dollar Footlong - capture 5 different Pokémon in one story
-  Author - capture 10 different Pokémon in one story
-  6 Figure - write a 100k character story
-  Novella - write a ten chapter story
-  Stranger than Fan Fiction - Capture a Pokemon that is available in the Pokemart
-  Beginner - capture two different Pokemon in one story
-  Seasoned - capture five different Pokemon in one story
-  Duplicator - capture a Pokemon in a story that you had previously caught in a story
-  Take Whole Families - capture two Pokemon of different species but the same evolutionary family in one story
-  More Fun than Fighting Anyway - enter a story in a Writing Competition
-  My Pen is the Pen that shall Write the Heavens - get a story to the final round of a Writing Competition
-  Editors are There to Help - capture a Pokemon in a regrade that was originally denied to you in your first attempt
-  Seat of Esoteric Power - Become a URPG Grader
-  Basic Grader - Grade five stories
-  Super Grader - Grade thirty stories
-  More Fun Together - Write a Collaborative story
-  I’ll Just Have One - catch a Pokemon in the National Park
-  Once You Pop You Can’t Stop - catch two Pokemon in the National Park
-  Third Time’s a Charm - catch three Pokemon in the National Park
-  Overkill - catch four Pokemon in the National Park
-  Light Shopper - spend 3,000 or less in items at the National Park Shop
-  Rollin’ in the Dough - spend 25,000 in items at the National Park Shop
-  Common Sense - catch a Common Rank Pokemon
-  Uncommon Knowledge - catch an Uncommon Rank Pokemon
-  Intermediate Skills - catch an Intermediate Rank Pokemon
-  Ready and Raring - catch a Rare Rank Pokemon
-  You’re So Special - catch a Special Rank Pokemon
-  There’s Always Some Truth to the Legends - see a Legendary Pokemon
-  The Great Escape - Escape from a wild Pokemon encounter
-  Hole in One - catch a Pokemon on your first attempt
-  Double Your Fun - participate in a Team RP
-  Gotta Catch ‘Em All - catch at least one Pokemon of every Rank and encounter a Legendary Pokemon
-  Persistence Pays Off - finish an entire Park run without leaving or being escorted out early
-  Sharing is Caring - use a restorative item on a Pokemon
-  Can You Resist Me? - use a Repel of any kind
-  Child’s Play - use a PokeDoll
-  Call of the Wild - use a Voice Disk
-  Smells Like Nirvana - use a Fragrance
-  Odds and Ends - use any other Item (excludes Park Balls of any kind)
-  Savvy Explorer - take part in a National Park Event
-  Seat of Casual Power - Become a URPG Ranger
-  Coordinator - participate in a contest
-  I’m never doing this again. - win a contest
-  The Good Stuff - use a Pokeblock
-  The Secret Formula - maximize 4 attributes on a single Pokemon
-  HURR DURR - earn 500 points in a contest
-  A Grand - earn 1000 points in a contest
- win a Cool Contest
-  Beauty - win a Beauty Contest
-  I has a corn. - win a Cute Contest
-  NERD! - win a Smart Contest
-  and the Beast - win a Tough Contest
-  Coordinate THIS - win a contest for each attribute: [ ] Cool, [ ] Beauty, [ ] Cute, [ ] Smart, [ ] Tough
-  May - win a RSE Contest
-  Dawn - win a DPP Contest
-  Normal - win a Normal Contest
-  That’s - win a Great Contest
-  Fourth Dimension - win a Hyper Contest
-  Is anyone out there? - win a Master Contest
- win a festival
-  Chicken Dinner - win 15 ribbons
-  Combo - perform a combo
-  Combo Breaker - startle a Pokemon in Combo Standby for -5
-  Not Jelly - startle a Pokemon
-  Stage Fright - cause a Pokemon to be too nervous to move
-  Trying New Things - win a BW Contest with more than 500 points
N.U.K.E.M Certified - TM Protect
The Better Collector - Simple-Rank Pokemon
HM Enslaver - TM worth 5k or less
400/1000 Points - 2k
800/1000 Points - 5k
Pro Attack - Heart Scale
To Be A Master - TM Substitute
Streak - TM worth 4k or less
400 / 1000 - 2k
800 / 1000 - 5k
Champion Free-For-Aller - Daycare Pass
Grim Reaper - one TM worth 7k or less
Smashing Up the Stadium - Earthquake TM
400 / 1000 - 2k
800 / 1000 - 2k
Mohs Scale - one TM worth 5k or less
6 Figure - 20% Story Ticket
Duplicator - Link Cable
400 / 1000 - 2k
800 / 1000 - 5k
National Park Prizes:
Ready and Raring - 5k Park Credits
Persistence Pays Off - Park Pass
Gotta Catch Em All - Supreme Park Ball
400 / 1000 - 2k
800 / 1000 - 5k
Coordinate THIS - Scarf
Chicken Dinner - Pokeblock of 3k value or less
Trying New Things - 2000CC
400 / 1000 - 2k
800 / 1000 - 5k”
“Thing is, we aren’t hiding anything. That would be under the assumption that they had a right to this information at their convenience, which they do not. We can shut people up with that argument instead =P”
“I engaged in a conversation with their admin, Pixie, and have received her reply after she consulted her members.
“The consensus is that as great as that would be for both groups, we want to remain Australia-based and therefore humbly decline your offer. I would like to note, however, that we’re not going to have a forum for quite a while and I’ll refer people to Pe2K.
There’s no rule saying someone can’t participate in multiple forums, so I’ll try to keep them there even when we have a forum. I’ll join for sure and do my best to get you out of this rough patch. You have a great forum and all it needs is some caffeine in people posting form. :)”
So it appears that there will be no merger of our two communities. Understandable, of course, given their reasons. It was worth a shot.”
“And for anyone who doesn’t want to wade through the text, here’s a summary of the meeting.
Request to combine Contest Stats (Cool/Beauty/Tough/Cute/Smart/Luster) with normal Battle Stats. Approved by majority.
Request to add a Gym-Leader-esque system for the Contest Board with ten Leaders. Trial of 5 approved by majority, ATF to work out specifics.
Discussion of TPW: Seems low-key and quiet with little roleplaying base.
Discussion of GTS+: Much more active and more of a battle base but large emphasis of simple forum games. Two large-scale forum games currently exist there.
Discussed the options regarding how and when to expand, including potentially keeping TPW on the backburner while we approach GTS+.
Vote on options:
1. Do not expand at all - Jack
2. Reject PW, approach GTS
3. Approach GTS, expand to PW if rejected
4. Expand to PW, approach GTS - Dog of Hellsing, WinterVines, ChainReaction01, Ireign, Phantom Kat, Kai-Mei, Pidge, HKim
HKim presented PokeStadium as a possible expansion platform. Initial impression is favourable, with a large roleplaying and reasonable battle bases. Agreed that this should be our third stop.
There is a general consensus that we have enough Staff Members for now, but more Approvers may be helpful for the actual expansion.
Request for new addition to the Park; Mystery Zone. Approved.
Request for Endurance Runs to be implemented in Main RPs. Approved. Dog of Hellsing will work out specifics.
All discussions in the Staff Boards and Meetings are to be kept strictly private. No leaking.
State of the URPG address will be given out soon-ish.
“Now that our boards have been secured (aka everyone who has access has changed their passwords and everyone else has been removed), I can finally post a rather interesting reply I received Saturday.
Remember that email I sent to Water Pokemon Master (PokeBeach Admin)? Well he finally decided to reply.
“Hey. Sorry for the late reply. Been busy.
Your proposal sounds interesting but I don’t know if Pokemon Ultra would fit in with what we want at PokeBeach. However, some of my mods took a look at your forums and they think it would make a good addition. I’m not sold yet but I’m willing to chat.
From your email, it sounds like we live in the same area so lunch sounds good. My schedule is pretty unpredictable so just tell me what time you want to meet. I’ll let you know if that works for me.”
So yeah, that’s it. I didn’t want to reject him outright so I sent him a list of possible days and times I could meet him. He hasn’t replied yet.
Just wanted to know if you guys think we should still go ahead and pursue PokeBeach or if we should avoid it in case this turns out to be another Ryan.”
“More content is needed. Hopefully to be produced by staffers / mods who have a passion for something.
More passion is whats needed here. Mods/Staffers leaving this place to go to other active forums or just not having interest are a really big problem. We need to work on that feeling that drove us here in the first place. What all of us loved about pokemon and being apart of this family.
Mikey runs the PE2K twitter casually, responds to the followers. Looks unprofessional initially but gives the feed a personality.
This is the same way I feel about the PE2K Facebook page. Those to reflect PE2K, if they are not nore updated that looks bad on our part.
Site has a decided lack of initial personality, but this isn’t a problem – we just need content.
Layout and design seems to be a big concern, but it’s not something that can be fixed without Ryan or PF.
I love this site, but it needs a make over. The white background is boring. PE2K needs a new main design that everyone sees. Nothing to tacky but something that doesnt feel like your filling out an application. I know that is a very vague suggestion but other forums do well with a more updated background.
Two opposing views on how to produce more content: scrap focus and allow writers to work on what they feel passionate about, or treat writing on the subject like an obligation required to keep your status.
Why cant you do both ? Maybe you would get more stuff submitted if you asked for input from the general members. If you want passion there are a lot of new members that would be happy to have more of a part.
Hkim’s proposed changes: remove site staff that aren’t contributing, keep 2 article requirement but remove the theme, create an infrequent articles system, create a recruitment banner to be displayed on the site.
Site staff and Mods need to treated like workers. No one should consider this an honorary position that they received because they were active at one point. These position have a direct effect on the site and forum. Its time to take it more seriously and just remove tittle from inactive people.
POTM is being scrapped.
If you want more content you should not remove the potm. To be honest our site is losing its personality because all of the site updates are from other sites. The potm of the month could be of more help if it becomes a bigger focus. Members could submit fan art, stories, battling suggestions and we could give the Pokemon away. Kind of like the cretivedex idea we can just save all the of the submitted work in an archive.”